An accidental blog

"If God is sovereign, then his lordship must extend over all of life, and it cannot be restricted to the walls of the church or within the Christian orbit." Abraham Kuyper Common Grace 1.1.

Monday 13 June 2005

Susie's prayer

This is a prayer that my wife wrote after the death of my father in February. It was partly inspired by Adrian Plass’s poem/prayer ‘Woman Behold Your Son’.


Father, today I don’t want to live in obedience,

I don’t want to be different,

I feel the loss of normality,

the pain of disability,

the injustice,

loss is compounded by angst

Today I fancy normality,

today I would like to just be lucky,

not chosen,

not equipped,

just lucky will do fine.

Lord the sorrows and the love that

flows mingled down needs

transforming into something worth

the sword that caused it.

Life, wholeness, joy.

When Lord?

Eternity seems an age away Lord

to sit down for a feast.

Can we have a cuppa now?

The trouble is lord I know too

much about you.

I can’t help but trust and battle

through the storms because you

are my only hope.

THE HOPE

I received much of your

lifegiving to not wait for the next

outpouring.

You’ve got me bent over a barrel Lord!

Trouble is there’s no one quite like you!

And you know it!!

Thanks Lord, for everything.


Susie Bishop © 2005

No comments: